This is my pitiful picture of them when they finally came over the falls. They are the ones in the red canoe you can hardly see under the bridge.
- First, Tim and Todd approach the falls, aiming for the central sluice, but ending up a bit river-left of it. Note: this is dangerous, because left is where the rocks lie!
- Next, they slide left.
- Then, they reach the white water!
- They seem to bounce out.
- But it’s not so clear they’ve escaped.
- Then, it’s done, and Todd is hooting.
- Finally, they celebrate with a “Mando.”
Susie lazed around during the whole visit. Whoever said parenting young kids was hard work?
It was great to have some time with the WD clan.