Feb 18, 2017 (Reid’s Seventh Birthday)
We were at the end of a week of travel and exploration with Tim and Sally, and staying at a nice little hotel in Brasilito, near Tamarindo on the Pacific Coast. Liam and I woke up a little before 6, as others were sleeping in. We grabbed the binoculars and camera and hit the road. The day before we had seen a crested Caracara on the drive to the coast, so we were excited to see what else there was to see.
Here’s what we saw:
- A white-winged dove
- A brown pelican
- Orange fronted parakeet
- Orange chinned parakeet
- Common tern (most likely)
- Common ground dove (probably)
- A troupe of howler monkeys
- A white-throated magpie jay (these are awesome)
- And a dead puffer fish, all inflated with it’s spikes out.
In short, it was a good walk.